Friday, May 24, 2013

It's all black and white



I started out with two men's t-shirts, one black and one white.

I didn't want to be advertising lager so the first thing to go was the Carling logo

I then cut the neckline lower and removed the sleeves, then placed one of my t-shirts on top and cut the sides away.

I cut half inch strips from the white t-shirt and pulled them taut so that they rolled up.

I used these as my thread to 'darn' the hole and make running stitches to decorate. I thought I would have to make holes for this thick thread to go through but it pulled through very easily using a darning needle. 
After sewing up the sides, and hemming the bottom, neck and sleeve edges, it now looks like this








Now I'll be honest and tell you that when I had the idea to do this, I intended to keep the hole at the front, but it turned out to be indecently low, which is why it's at the back.  I wasn't going to do anything with the other side but as it turned out to be at the front, I did the lines of running stitch with the t-shirt thread to tie in with the back. 





6 comments:

Far said...

I Like It! Very Cute On You And A Great Idea To Boot!

Sandy said...

This is so awesomely cool. I think I like it on the back better, but it is a very wonderful idea. I am glad you were willing to share how you did it.
Sandy in the UK

Julia said...

I LOVE it!!!

Cucicucicoo said...

What a great idea! I especially love the embellished running stitches on the front! :) Lisa

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

I like the connect between the front and the back by using white running stitches. Very cool.

Unknown said...

I think this is amazing, so original, thanks for the idea!

Erica, Editor on Duty