Monday, March 20, 2017

#57 Back to School Wardrobe: Black Liz Claiborne Puffer Vest with Hood

REFLECTIONS: This is #10 of 10 for my Spring Break goal.
  • Spring Break means packing away winter wear.
  • A few years ago, I got this Liz Claiborne Puffer Vest when our outlet closed.
  • Fur trim looks sharp on others, but I always pass this over.
  • Thanks to Re-Fashion Coop, instead of shopping for another, I made it mine.
BEFORE: Black Liz Claiborne vest with snap on hood.
  • From the closet.
STEPS:
  • Carefully seam rip the stitches holding trim in place.
  • Baste or pin seam in place.
  • By hand slip stitch in place.
AFTER: Black Puffer Vest with Hood
  • Knowing this vest is ready for next winter will help with no shopping goals.

AFTER: Puffer vest without fur trim
AFTER: Hood lays more smoothly
 with no trim


AFTER: Hood lays smooth with no trim
AFTER: No trim
BEFORE: Fur trim looks great on others

4 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

It has a cleaner and more modern look without the fur. I like it a lot.
Chickie

jenny_o said...

Well done, on the vest and on the challenge!

cfort82 said...

I agree with Chickie. Looks Great

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab

RanchHouse said...

I was surprised at how nearly the hood laid down after. The hood has always seemed so big with the fur Pictures show this. If I were only to wear it outside the fur might have worked. I wanted to wear this in and outside. And next year to fly several times a month with it.