Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Plaid Dress Refash

I just can't have enough shirt dresses! Every time I see one while I'm not thrifting I just have to have it!
dscn1147 
Here we have a beautifully simple plaid shirt dress. As always the dress was too long and so were the sleeves.
dscn1211
Remember my post on tea dying? I used tea bags to make this white lace trim into an off white. I thought that a bright white trim would look too new when added to the dress. I was going for a more vintage look.
dscn1213
Next, I worked on snugging up the bodice of the dress.
dscn1214
I took the side seams as well as the existing front darts.
2017-16-4--16-13-32
DSCN1245
Happy Refashioning!!!

6 comments:

RanchHouse said...

Adorable. Great save.

Chickie Walsh said...

Huge improvement! It is so cute.
Chickie

Pezalli Creations said...

We at Pezalli, produce high quality shirts for discerning gentleman, entirely hand crafted. From exquisite fit and comfort to impeccable elegance, this shirt offers you the best of both British traditional craftsmanship and modern Italian design.Pezalli Bespoke shirts are custom made with your personal choice of fabric, style components and monogram, using 22 pieces and 55 separate steps, to create a statement of style and quality unlike any other.
http://www.pezalli.com/aboutus.php

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you! :)

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you!!!

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

I love this so much!!!!