Saturday, May 27, 2017

Kentucky Derby Hat

For this years Kentucky Derby I challenged myself by only using items from the $1 store!
DSCN1252
I was lucky enough to find a hat at the dollar store! What luck!
DSCN1253
I assembled my $1 goodies! I even found a toy horse!
DSCN1254
How appropriate is this adorable horse! However, I did have to paint him.
After I secured my horse I arranged the flowers around him in a beautiful arrangement!
DSCN1256
I've had this maxi skirt for ages but never quite knew what to do with it....
I've seen some people wearing their maxi skirts as maxi dresses, which I thought was a pretty good idea.
So, with that being said I give you a re-purposed maxi skirt into a dress!
DSCN1260
Happy Derby!
DSCN1267
My beautiful hat!
DSCN1269
The back!
2017-10-5--17-42-25
Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

2 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

The hat is amazing. Perfect and I like the maxi skirt as a dress.Twice the outfits. Great job.
Chickie EOD

Dominique said...

So adorable !!!