Friday, May 26, 2017

Make a Boho Swing Tank Top from a Skirt and Scarf

I fell in love with the ikat scarf I found at the thrift store for $1.  I don't really wear scarves, so I combined it with a denim skirt to make a boho swing tank top.


I cut the yoke from the scarf.


Then I attached it to the skirt.


After sewing the shoulder and side seams, I finished the neckline and armholes with bias tape.


Don’t you love the way the bodice drapes? 


This flowing top is perfect for hot summer days.  For a step by step tutorial on how to refashion a skirt and scarf into a boho swing tank top, check out my blog www.trevorlovesmommy.com






9 comments:

Valerie said...

Really pretty!

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

OMG So cute!!! I'm totally stealing this idea!

persec01 said...

This is great, as usual. You inspire me to think clearly and simply and boom, a new piece of clothing is waiting to be made!

Rozy Lass said...

Fabulous use of the bias cut skirt!

Anonymous said...

I love the yoke! This is so cute.

Susan Evans said...

best I've ever seen on this blog! congrats!

I Can Work With That said...

This swing top is amazing. What a great job! It looks so pretty.
Chickie EOD

Amy Jo said...

Gorgeous! That looks so pretty on you!

Unknown said...

Amazing job!