Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Dress of Many Colors

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this colorful dress at a clothes swap. I thought it was a great find. It turned out to be too tight around the top. I was disappointed but I thought I could find a way to fix it. It had so many colors, it would match everything I own, or so I thought.


I decided to save the bottom, skirt half because that fit. I finished the cut edge to make it nice and neat. It was going to be great, right?


Wrong. It didn't seem to go with anything. It just didn't match or coordinate at all. I wore black with it just to show what it looked like. But I really don't like it.


Oh, well. That's the way it goes sometimes. 
Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to  I Can Work With That.

7 comments:

RanchHouse said...

I agree it "should" go with everything. The black is great. I wonder if this summer when we are freer with colors if it will work with more colors?

whatthesew said...

Can't see anything wrong with the skirt and black combination.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks ladies. You are right what these, it isn't awful, I guess I just didn't love it like I thought I would. Maybe you are right ranchhouse, maybe I will like it more later.
Chickie

Unknown said...

breezy white top or white T-shirt would go well with it too.

jenny_o said...

I was thinking white T-shirt, too!

I, too, have been fooled by those "every colour" items that turn out to contain no colour already existing in my closet - ha ha - sneaky clothing :)

Unknown said...

I think it looks fantastic with the black top! That's how I would wear it! :)

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the ideas ladies. White might be good, I don't like the way the black waistband disappears with the black shirt.
I love the comments.
Chickie