Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Stash Busting

I was given a bag of clothes by a friend - some I hung up ready to wear, others went on top the overflowing mess, known as the Refashioning Heap.
I like the shape and colour of this long-sleeved T, but didn't really want the words emblazoned across my chest.


Using a piece of fabric from my stash (a gorgeous knit from Cali Fabrics), I just cut a panel big enough to cover the writing, and pinnned it over. I unpicked the neckline and front band, so I could overlock, sandwiching the new piece into the seams, but the vertical sides were just zigzagged on.

Will use the same technique again whenever I thrift a shirt with a message that's not really me. 
Quick and easy!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This us a great idea for all those Free T-shirts that seem to sit in my dresser! It looks great.
Chickie