Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Bomb Cyclone Sweatshirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. We got a huge burst of cold weather called a "Bomb Cyclone". It was just the coldest and windiest weather we have had in a long time. I decided to make the most heavy sweatshirt to wear during these freezing days.
 
 
I started with this long black cape. It looks like a vampire cape to me. I have had it for a while. I wasn't sure what to do with it until I wanted to make this super sweatshirt.

 
I also had this gray sweatshirt. It was nice and heavy but it had no stretch to it. It wasn't very comfortable or cozy. I decided to use it for parts. I took the hood, the front pocket, and the waistband.

 
I sewed the cape closed and put the gray hood into the cape hood. It is attached around the face opening and around the neck. It isn't going to come out in the wind at all.

 
I used this navy blue sweatshirt as a lining for the body. I cut the bottom of the cape off and used it to make sleeves.

 
I put the gray pocket on the front. I really wanted it to look casual and I thought the gray accents would help. I also added gray cuffs on the sleeves.

 
This was very warm out in the wind and cold. I didn't stay out long because it was so painful when the wind hit me in the face and eyes. But the rest of me was nice and cozy warm.

 
Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

No comments: