Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Too Bright Dress

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I had a bright red dress. Did I say it was bright? It was super-bright. No photos showed how bright it was in real life.  I love red but this dress was just red-red-red. There was nothing else to break it up or tone it down. 
It was a little overwhelming. And a little big.
 

My solution was simple. Like really simple.  I cut some of the skirt part off and left about 5 inches as a peplum. If the dress had fit a little better I could have left it at that. 
I made the sleeves and the body of my new shirt a little more narrow by taking in the side seams.


I liked the red as a top better than I did as a dress. I think there was less red so it wasn't so overwhelming anymore.  I left the hem as a raw cut edge because that is what they did when they made the sleeves. If the maker can do that, I can too. 
I also didn't want to make the shirt any shorter.


Thanks for reading this post, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

No comments: